Monday, August 11, 2008

Scratchbuilt HOn30 Climax...


I built this some years back, one of the first online tutorials I ever did, spurred on by of all things the rack of antlers on the headlight. Someone needed a rack just like that to put on his loco's headlight and I cobbled a set together using some parts from the scrap box. Before I knew what hit me, the rack had to have a headlight which, of course needed a lokey to adorn. The rest, as they say, is history...

Photobucket


The locomotive was built onto the mechanism from a Model Power RS15---not a wise choice for such a model if one wishes to run said model. Poorly engineered from the start, Model Power diesels did their best work as static displays and not as working motive power. In the end I had to reluctantly make a flatcar load out of it---a great model still but not what I had originally intended.

The flatcar is a Revell model from the 1960s and includes the original sprung trucks. I added C70 rail to the deck, eventually I'll chain it down...eventually.

No comments: