Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MRC ad, Great Model Railroads 1993...


When I was growing up, reading Model Railroader magazine took the place of comics. Early on I found I had an eye for things askew in the photographs. To this day, it never ceases to amaze me what can get past an editor...

Photobucket
How many gaffs can you find?



Photobucket
Note the U-boat in the rear with its rear truck "in the cinders". How about the front driver on that Southern 2-8-2? Not going far like that, is it? Note the tender---which should be following the engine---isn't a Southern unit, but rather is lettered for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Its truck is off the rails also.

Photobucket
That CSX unit is busted...not a good prop to push your product with. And that Southern 0-4-0...its on the cinders, too.


I'm not knocking MRC, I've long ago been a loyal customer, since the days when they offered N scale motive power. I just wonder who was at the wheel the day the final proof was pushed across the desk to go to the printers.

Photobucket


No comments: