Saturday, September 19, 2009

New 1:87 Truck, Part II...


The truck is issued by Hasbro in its Transformers RPMs toy line. The set includes two of each, in this case, Optimus Prime and Bone Crusher. It is an interesting way to bring the kids into the hobby through a familiar character without disregarding the bounds of scale fidelity.

Photobucket


I tried modifying the fifth wheel hitch to handle most trailers in my fleet. The filing of the fifth wheel did leave it too thin though, causing it to fall through. I'll eventually come up with something suitable. The wheels are actually within tolerances for scale, the rims make them appear oversize and fall within the realm of plausible customs. I have suitable replacements but I'll leave it for now.




Go ahead, your layout can survive it and your boy/grandkid/nephew will freak...

No comments: