Friday, November 27, 2009

Anson 1:18 scale 1932 Cadillac Sport Phaeton...


Father Bill was a retired parish priest who lived on my property. He didn't start out as a priest, but became one in his 40s after being a lay minister in the Catholic Church. Before that, he served in the Army as a tanker and did a stint in Korea during the Korean Conflict.

He collected antique firearms and had a small collection of diecast cars which become our point of commonality. He had a car in particular that caught my eye, this Anson Cadillac, a model of a car, not designed in the halls of Congress, but by folks who knew what "Sweet Ride" meant. While no Franklin Mint special, it is an attractive model, even with its missing side wind deflectors and hood ornament.

I mentioned to him that I had a blog and would like to take and post pictures of it someday, an idea he seemed to enjoy. Sadly, that day did not come until I found myself assisting the people settling his estate, as he had passed away earlier this month. It now is a part of my collection of cars and posted in his memory...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: