Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Operating O and O27 Trains"...


...by Maury D. Klein and Bruce C. Greenburg. c. 1976

An outstanding resource for O and O27 collectors and operators, it was found on Paperback Swap. It is filled with original Lionel technical information on all their accessories, locomotives and transformers with much on wiring and layout setup.

Unfortunately, it was in very poor condition, the person who offered it not understanding the rules of condition. No harm done and no hurt feelings but I was still left with a great book in very poor shape that I couldn't bear to throw away. After staring at it really hard for a couple daze (it works, I'm tellin' ya), I took it to Office Depot and had the clerk carefully trim off the binding. Then I had her put on a clear front cover and a black heavy paper rear cover. Finally she bound the whole smack together with a spiral binder. It saved a great book and added many years to it with the unique feature of being able to fold it back on itself without damage, and all for $5.

Well...at least I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Photobucket


No comments: