Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tyco Daredevil Jump race set with Nite Glow, Part II...


Spent a pleasant afternoon surrounded by kids on a sugar high that was obtained at my expense through my daughter's birthday party...sigh...

After that I cleaned and tweeked the elements of this Tyco race set that I picked up some time back. Everything works properly except for one controller, an item easily picked up online. My son is looking forward to driving his dad into the rails on this one. Though Tyco, it's still way better than the battery powered race set he has.

There is a certain air of nostalgia about it, having longed for one of these as a kid, the glitzy ads during Saturday morning cartoons singing their siren song invoking the spirits of avarice and malcontent in this young mind. I've spared my children the Saturday cartoons, leaving them easily delighted by what things God has blessed us with and all in a world materialistically light years beyond what I grew up in.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i picked up the daredevil jump set for my cliffhangers championship track and am wondering how you deliver power to the receiving end of the track... is there a split piece of track that is needed?

Br'er Shaygetz said...

Because there is a continuous line of power throughout the track, the ramp needs no additional power source, even with the break. All you are doing by installing the jump is breaking the continuous nature of the loop and not its power, it will simply land and continue on.

If you are having continuity issues, it would be in the track joints and not the jump itself. I thoroughly cleaned all connections and do a continuity test at every joint whenever I get new track.

Hope that helps...

Blessings to you and yours, B