Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mister Roger's 'Trolley" in HO scale...



...using two Bachmann San Francisco cable cars and some well placed razor saw cuts. Prototype fidelity was not as important to me as capturing the overall look of his famous trolley...five vertical posts, the overall light and airy look (very hard to handle for awhile there as it was exceptionally fragile).

I've found at least three different variants used over the years, the original having a black body with gold trim, green seats and red roof--even poles. My inherent orneriness would have me paint it that scheme, but most would remember the later one so I'll stick with that. I'm happy with where I'm at at this point...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The project is at this point waiting for seats and final paint, but will have to sit on a back burner for now as we concentrate on our new home...

UPDATE: I was truly surprised to find out that there were those who did not know of Fred Rogers or of his television program--a medium he despised by the way, feeling it was a greatly wasted resource--. His was one of a very few...and I mean very few...children's programs where I could put down the remote, knowing that there were no untoward surprises awaiting my child that I did not want them to see. A truly remarkable man whose presence is sorely missed today...




No comments: