Monday, September 28, 2009

TYCO 2-8-0 Chattanooga Choo Choo...


The older ones, with their bronze frames, are not nearly as bad as the later ones they put out in the now famous TV ad showing it running around with a derailed driver.

I improve their pickup in the tender with a trick taught to me by Ray over at another forum. Using parts from a smoked unit, you simply swap out the traction tired equipped drivers with a pair of the nickle silver idler wheelsets that have had their plastic wheels replaced with the geared wheels pulled from the drivers...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


You then have twice the power pickup ability with very little effort on your part. Think of the possibilities...DCC control of the smoke and front light as well as the throttle...come on, you know you want to do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
Question, do you know if there is a "Parts Diagram" with part numbers for the TYCO HO Scale 0-8-0 or 2-8-0 anywhere? I'm trying ot locate some paper work on them as I have several and plan to use parts from them elsewhere and make some use of the parts I have, BUT I want to "store the loose parts, properly if possible with parts numbers to the containers said parts are in....

Please let me know! Thanks! Best Regards, ~John