Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tyco/Athearn Hi-Railer kitbash...


...one of my first from about 18 years ago. Its base is a frame, front wheels and stake body from a very cheaply made toy truck of no known make. Can you believe the stake bed was chrome plated!? I added the cab of an old Tyco truck and the rear axles off of an Athearn 45' trailer. Assorted kibbles and bits were used for the remainder of the details including the wheels off of a discarded N scale car...

Photobucket

Photobucket


It now graces the MOW shed on the Gulf Coast and Western Railroad.

2 comments:

richard mancilla said...

hi my friend. your blog is really good. I wanna insert your url in my website, but I need to know where are you from ( country ) and your name.
Regards from Chile
richard mancilla mena
www.trenesenlaweb.tk

Br'er Shaygetz said...

I appreciate the kind words. My onscreen name is Br'er Shaygetz and I'm from the USA. Blessings, B