Sunday, December 30, 2012
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
From Manny Silva's newsletter...
- Remain strong in the faith for the sake of others (Romans 15:1)
- Do not waver in speaking the truth, even if it is hurtful (John 8:31-32)
- Be willing to lose it all for the sake of the Lord- family, friends, everything (1 Pet. 4:12-19, Philippians 3:8)
- Do not let any of the "wise men" tell you that you are ignorant (Psalm 119:99)
- Do not succumb to the lie of "thou shalt never judge" (Mat. 7:1-5, 1 Cor 2:1)
- Do not fail to correct a brother or sister in error (Rom 15:14)
- Examine all preacher's teachings, and reject it if it is not the truth (2 Cor. 11:13-15)
- Do not join hands with the world, or with those "Christians" who have welcomed the world (2 Cor. 6:14-15)
- Continue to believe in God's word- all of it! (Psalm 119:160)
- Do not be ashamed to say that you believe ALL that God's word says and teaches (Rom. 1:16)
- Preach the unvarnished Gospel message- preach the Cross, and Christ crucified. (1 Cor. 1:23)
- Reject the social gospel, and all other false gospels (Gal 1:6-10)
- Persevere, and be faithful to the end, and you will receive the crown of life (James 1:12)
Posted by Br'er Shaygetz at 2:40 PM