Friday, December 28, 2007

Avarice can be a nasty thing...


...and apart from the indwelling spirit of God guiding me, would be an easy thing to fall prey to in this hobby. I am blessed with an understanding bride who fully supports my interests. I do my best to spend very little on it. I despise those I've known in the past who wink at me and say, "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission..." as they plunk down four bennies for the latest creation from Broadway Limited. No hobby is worth that kind of grief in the house.

Still, there are some items on my wish list. This O scale Westside Models Virginian 2-8-8-8-4 Triplex from 1979 would sate my thirst for big brass, though it's highly unlikely I will find it on a yardsale table for $25.

Photobucket


Another locomotive on my list of beasties I would like, should the Lord tarry and the Gospel is preached unfettered financially, is this N scale Con-Cor Veranda Turbine with fuel tender. Con-Cor's equally impressive model of the U50 would also be welcome. That they cared little about prototype paint jobs make them all the more desirable...would've been a hoot to see one in Auto-Train white, red and purple.

Photobucket


Should you happen upon one of these fine beasties at a yardsale in the $20-30 dollar range, I'd be much obliged if you'd pick them up and mail them to me...I would be most grateful.

No comments: