Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tyco #903 Piggyback Loader/Unloader...


One of the nicer Tyco accessories I can think of, this one is complete save for one hand rail and the cab-over tractor. I did get an extra trailer with it and all for the princely sum of...zip, zero, nada.

Appreciating Tyco only came about this year when I needed a part for a locomotive I was rescuing. In my search I found the folks over at the Tyco Collectors Forum and the rest, as they say, is history. Because Tyco is shunned by most modelers today for its many technological and material shortcomings, it is easy to find and afford. A sad thought to consider when much of model railroading owes its existence to these admittedly shoddy but innovative models. There was in fact, a day when Tyco was a contender in the hobby and its ads could be found in all the major modeling publications.

Photobucket


An ad from 1966...

Photobucket

No comments: