Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An interesting discussion got started...


...then shot down at a forum I am a member of. It was in part about creating an artificially high market for the train models we desire when comments are made about how valuable certain items are or could be. While an interesting thought, I worry little over such things. I simply would not spend anything beyond pocket change on these things to begin with, even if I had the means to do it.

This is a mindless pursuit for me, a blessing certainly unnecessary to the fundamental needs of food, clothing and shelter. There was a day when I would lust over this or that but God by His grace has removed that and replaced it with a simple desire to enjoy what is set before me.

While I would much rather be found in the arms of my beloved bride or wrestling around with my children when Christ comes, I would not be ashamed should He find me at the throttle of my trains, with an Xacto knife and a bottle of Ambroid's in my hand or forking a couple bucks over at a swap meet for two cabooses.

Marx HO scale caboose models, circa early 60s

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: