Monday, January 7, 2008

Walther's Impact Detection Car circa 1978...


Mine has been modified with an old toy flasher circuit that runs for about seven seconds when tripped. I also traded out the original trucks for better rolling ones. It runs off of two button cell batteries mounted in the frame to give it a more reliable power source than the track pickup it was designed with.

My hobby is used of God as a training ground to listen for that still, small voice in all that I do. If I had listened more closely, I'd have taken a long enough look at the swap table to see that this was a less than complete kit, not worth the money I paid for it. It wasn't a great loss but it stung enough to make me a more careful shopper...and hopefully---more importantly---a more discerning believer.

Photobucket

Photobucket
1980 ad

No comments: