Thursday, March 6, 2008

Athearn HO scale MKT wide vision caboose...


There was an older gentleman in the club who showed some appreciation for my working with a very low budget. His name was Bill and he was very helpful in teaching me the basics of installing DCC decoders into older locomotives. He always seemed genuinely pleased when I'd shoehorn one into an ancient Rivarossi or Bachmann.

I moved on from the club, but I was never able to say goodbye to Bill. Sadly, he passed away shortly after that, leaving his equipment to the club as a fund raising aid. By the time I found out that he was gone, most of his collection was too. I managed to pick up this caboose as a sentimental piece to remember Bill and to remind me that the chief end of man is to "...glorify God, (1Corinthians 10:31) and to enjoy him for ever (Psalm 73:25,26)". Our models are but fleeting things, gathered today and scattered to the winds when we are gone.

My prayer is that my legacy leaves a testimony to be drawn from for an eternal value---first for my beloved and my children, then for those around me---and not something to be bid over by folks looking to grow their railroad.

Photobucket


Blessings, grace and peace to you and yours, Br'er Shaygetz

No comments: