Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The N scale Basic and Mostly Credible Railroad...


...was a surprise that came from out of the blue. A gentleman heard that I liked model trains and sent me an email offering his layout to me, free for the taking if I'd only come by and pick it up....engines, cars and all.

It wasn't long before I realized that my time constraints left me with sporadic operating times at best, made all the shorter by the necessity to clean the track and dust everything down before I could run. Since we needed a bookshelf for our exploding library of books and I own a couple of tools to boot, I designed and built this combination bookshelf cabinet for my layout.

It features storage for my HO equipment and projects and the layout, both on full extension drawer slides. Now both my model work and layout remain in a dust free environment and are ready to go at the pull of a drawer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


There is additional storage for the boxes and unassembled kits that go with the hobby in the cubby hole, an accident of design that works out well for maintenance and wiring issues that may come up.

Photobucket

No comments: