Thursday, June 19, 2008

Athearn HO scale Heavyweight Observation car...


My little piece of railroad history, I painted it to represent an interesting chapter in railroading, the chapel car. While a little modern for its use, chapel cars being banned by the AAR by World War I, I couldn't resist having a fire and brimstone slingin' LPB with his Bible (KJV of course) bring the Gospel of salvation through Christ alone to all my plastic populace. The decals were custom made for me by Tyson Rayles over at 2 Guys. The car number represents the month and year of my conversion, in an Army pup tent while on weekend maneuvers.

Photobucket

Photobucket


The support car is the work of another long deceased modeler that came my way while cleaning out the dilapidated shed the railroad used to reside in. I left it as found, adding Kadee couplers and pleated diaphragms for compatibility with my other equipment. It is in remarkable shape for having spent six years in a fallen down shed exposed to the weather.

Photobucket


No comments: