Monday, June 30, 2008

Mantua HO scale 0-4-0 "Shifter" with custom business car...


One of the blessings of this hobby in the computer age is the friendships you can develop with folks from around the country.

This little combination is the work of Ray over at one of my regular online haunts. The business car is a custom build he made for me as part of a car swap we had going in the forum. It sports my online name and looks and tracks pretty sharp. The Mantua shifter was one of the first locomotives I ever owned when I really got into the hobby in 1974. It was lost to time over the years and I really wanted to find one to place in my nostalgia yard. When Ray needed a particular locomotive and I had one to send him, he asked what I would like in return. I said, "Surprise me." He did.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: