Friday, April 3, 2009

Pocher/AHM HO scale 4-4-0 American "Genoa", progress report...


...found some driver medallions and a stack---well, actually, I cannibalized my other Genoa, then swapped out the tenders, the later one having proper step and tender beam details that enhance the older engine. This leaves me with a locomotive I can bash into a Spartan or a yard goat rusting out its last days...

Photobucket


The stack was the hardest, they completely redesigned the whole assembly. But, with a little twiddling and a counter sunk mounting hole, all fits quite well. The tender was a drop in fit and contains the later, better running Rivarossi 5 pole motor. The medallions required a little trimming to work in. The only thing left to do is to install some finials on top of the cylinders. The flags will come from some graphics I was directed to on a wargamer site.

When I last owned one, it was the fall of 1977. I got really adventurous and replaced the drivers with a smaller diameter set from a Life-Like 0-4-0 Docksider. I then mounted a Kadee #5 on the tender beam and dressed it up with a Russian Blue boiler, Graphite smokebox, turquoise banding on the domes, American flags on the pilot and gold trim all over. Hey...it looked good to me...

No comments: