Saturday, June 13, 2009

To whom much is given...


Earlier this week I had a gentleman give me what remained of his hobby tool chest. He doesn't have the steady hands he used to and was pleased to find out that I did model trains. He modeled R/C aircraft at one time...still has a Hobbycraft trainer hanging off of his dining room ceiling.

Photobucket


There are those of my brethren out there who would love for me to attribute this to "The Prayer of Jabez" or something Rod Parsley, Benny Hinn or Joyce Meyer puked...er...preached, but I'm glad to say I can't and won't. No amount of giving or praying or service I've done or can do can make God my debtor. Should He choose to leave me and my family in rags, homeless and penniless, He has poured out more blessing on us in the finished work of the Cross than we could ever want or need. That He is also gracious and merciful enough to mind even the petty affections of this wayward soul is beyond calculation.

No comments: