Sunday, October 18, 2009

Capt. Lou Albano, 1933-2009


Years ago I worked at a discount retailer as a cashier. One day I looked up at the next customer in line into the unmistakable face of Captain Lou. I smiled, shook my head and said, "You know how many times as a kid you made me want to climb into the TV to beat you up?" He laughed and said, "That was a long time ago." Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out one of his business cards and autographed it, personalizing it by asking for my name. That card still adorns my toolbox 20 years later...

Photobucket


The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. --Psalms 90:10-12

No comments: