Sunday, April 20, 2008

A.W. Tozer...


Prayer: Confidence in Him

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may
obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
---Hebrews 4:16

You can have this confidence in God, and you can have this respect
for His will. Do not expect God to perform miracles for you so
you can write books about them. Do not ever be caught asking God
to send you toys like that to play around with.

But if you are in trouble and concerned about your situation and
willing to be honest with God, you can have confidence in Him.
You can go to Him in the merit of His Son, claiming His promises,
and He will not let you down. God will help you, and you will
find the way of deliverance.

God will move heaven and earth for you if you will trust Him.

Faith Beyond Reason, p. 49

---<<<...>>>---

Psalms 32:1-11

(1) [A Psalm of David, Maschil.] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

(2) Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

(3) When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

(4) For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

(5) I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

(6) For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

(7) Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

(8) I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

(9) Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

(10) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

(11) Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

No comments: