Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kaiser Studio 'bash in HO scale...

Now that Mike has jammed a 440 volt cattle prod into my side with his work on my pawn shop, I had to come up with a neighbor that would be up to that kind of snuff.

Photobucket

I started with this forlorn looking wood frame deal in yellow...

Photobucket

Photobucket

...adding a kitchen vent, roof ladder, water tank and smoke jack. I also added front and rear door lighting.

Because I wanted to have a small flophouse for my road crews, I needed a sign to beckon to them and wayward tourists as well. I started with a "ROOMS" sign from the scrap box, gluing the letters to two pieces of H channel, then cutting the bottom rail off.

Photobucket

Lights were added using LEDs carefully wired in with hidden buss bars. I wanted it as airy as I could get it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I will be working on a billboard frame that will mount this on the roof next. I will also be painting the whole building and building a show box window for the front of the store.

No comments: