Saturday, April 12, 2008

Modified diecast vehicles in HO scale...


...were the bulk of my LPB fleets until Wal-Mart came out with the Malibu Classics/Reel Rides cars and trucks. I still find I need to modify some vehicles.

I start with the basic toy, such as this Corgi London bus. I disassemble it and soak the parts in full strength Original Scent Pine-Sol for 4-8 hours. Then I file off mold parting lines and dress up overly thick window frames and such. A bit of paint leaves you with a bus that's unique and certainly easier on the budget than Busch or Praline offerings.

Photobucket

Photobucket


My wheel come from Reader's Digest firetrucks that I pick up at yard sales. The fire trucks are a bit larger than HO but their wheels are perfect and go a long way towards improving the look of toy trucks--even without any further modifications.

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: