Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Atlas/Tyco HO scale tank cars...


Shortly after I got back into the hobby, I realized that where the hobby was going and what I enjoyed about it were going on wildly diverging directions. The hobby has become very polished with excellent detail, exceptional running and rolling abilities and, with the advent of digital command control and better sound modules, as close to real as you can get in the scale of your choice.

I, on the other hand, just like model trains. I do very little real train watching and am content to run my models in circles for the most part. I am as pleased to own a mint condition, whacked out Tyco fantasy offering that barely stays on the track as I am a slick, well detailed Atlas car that, 35 years ago, could have copped a blue ribbon in a modeling contest.

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: