Thursday, March 19, 2009

My layout/storage area...


...I've never showed these pictures on the blog before. They detail the construction of my layout storage area. It's done in 3/4" red oak plywood, birch and poplar and took about 30 hours to build. The layout is on 3' full extension slides, the storage drawer is on 2' slides.

It holds several hundred books and magazines, as well as my N and HO layouts. My beloved has free reign as to what the finish will be---my idea to make it look like a pallet of crates with "Not Fragile" stenciled all over it was shot down fairly quickly. I hope one day to carpet the top in a tight weave commercial grade pile so that I can use unitized track such as Kato or Bachmann EZ Track on top, changing the plan at a whim. The back gives me under layout access for maintenance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: