Saturday, March 14, 2009

...sigh...


...not feelin' much like trains this week...

>>> It is crazy weird to sit down to lunch with your beloved and the kidlets, only to have kinfolk call you up to say howdy---from the front lines half a world away.

>>> It takes the wind out of your socks to find out that said kinfolk's spouse is enjoying some extramarital activity whilst said kinfolk is away at the front lines half a world away.

>>> I plan to use an ice cream scoop to remove the heart of the next wingnut who preaches a milquetoast Gospel within my earshot to this generation.

The word of the LORD came again to me, saying, Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD. If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts: Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate. Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves. Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast: Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Oh, yeah...I was booted from my pastorate because I wasn't entertaining enough. You think?

No comments: