Sunday, November 28, 2010


O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.---(Jeremiah 10:23-24)

It's 13 years this month since my beloved and I lost our home. Finances came to a crash all through that year, an audit put us at cliff's edge and the loss of my youth pastorate in November put us over that cliff. We sold everything we could including our home, feeling blessed that we had enough to move to another state and start over.

We're debt free now, a blessing that can all too easily be forgotten until one reads the headlines.

2 comments:

Br'er Shaygetz said...

It was 7 years after our crash...in Dec. 2004...when I got that letter from our last creditor. The feeling was second only to the feeling I had when at once set free from my past by Christ in His mercy...

Cristake1974 said...

That's great news, thanks God for this. And this is another example (not so often to see in the world today) of how a family should be. You're a rich man, sir - but I'm not telling you something new.