Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Soldering a Wilesco vertical boiler..the adventure begins...



Wet towels to keep from overheating other joints...check...

Photobucket

New pencil flame propane torch from Amazon.com that can be used in my work to justify the cost...check... Note to enterprising sprite who felt it worthy of a one star rating because of its small flame--DUDE, IT'S A PENCIL FLAME TORCH???!

Photobucket

LIFT OFF!!!! Check out where the leak was at the left end...either the previous owner ran it dry--yikes--or, he ran it like this for a while, the leak zone is easily almost 3/4" wide...

Photobucket


Clean the joints...and I mean spotless. I found my small flat and curved files, as well as my 3/4" fitting brush worked best--the Dremel was a great disappointment here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Big, fat, blood thirsty mosquitoes drove me indoors before I could finish, so you'll have to wait 'til next time...

No comments: