Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Basic and Mostly Credible Inglenook Shunting Puzzle...


...got some scenery put on it this past weekend. Deadlines are a great inspirer when you need some scenery done. The train show is coming to town in June...sigh...

My ground cover starts with a layer of sifted and demagnetized parking lot dirt, to which I mist a water mix that has a splash of rubbing alcohol and a drop of dish detergent as a wetting agent. Then I sprinkle on various colors and grades of Woodland Scenics ground foam. I wet it some more then dribble a 50/50 mix of water and acrylic matte medium as a fixing agent. Some of my buildings are glued in place at that time, others, like the store fronts, are made removable for future maintenance issues on their electronics.

You can keep up with the progress here...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: