Thursday, December 3, 2009

...in the eyes of the beholder...


Picked these Kadee N scale CP and CNR boxcars up at the swap meet I've referred to for next to nothing. The reason they were priced so low was because "Canadian stuff don't do too good down south here, you know?".

I can't imagine letting something like Canadian markings get between me and a good deal...after all, I like Canadians, made good friends with a bunch of 'em in Bible College. They taught me how to use a serviette, call my M&Ms "Smarties" and eat my Mac-n-cheese with ketchup and my fries with mayonnaise. Heck, we even almost speak the same English, eh?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The black CS Models CP hopper and the Kadee 50' CN plug door car were both found at the same meet...ten cent box lot rejects that only needed one truck each. I split a pair of Kadee medium shank roller bearing trucks between the two, making the Rapido coupler equipped hopper a transition car between the Kadee equipped car fleet and my Rapido equipped older motive power.

---But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. (1 Corinthians 1:27-29)

No comments: