Saturday, December 19, 2009

Original Ad Saturdays...


IHC's Corkey's Carnival Caravan, December 1994...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Known as the "Birthday Cake Train" by my son ever since I got it, it's been a Christmas favorite ever year since. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a "Spider" car (a reference to the ride, not the arachnid) to complete the train.

You'll notice that the carousel car is equipped with one of my Masonite track cleaner pads. The wheelsets have also been replaced with Intermountain 33" wheels, a drop-in fit.

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

That's a fine trainset... I like it much, even if it has a little strange "design" for me - I mean Romanian railway modelists think in terms of "all as close to reality as possible" :D
As a matter of fact, they use to buy some foreign type of rail cars (even locomotives, if possible) and modify them to become like CFR (Romanian Railways) stuff.
By the way, let me show you some great home made locomotive (and again I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you already knew/experienced something like that): http://forum.lokomotiv.ro/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5706
Of course, that is a statical model, made of cardboard [the author was suggested to harden it somehow.. with resin,i.e], some paint [after original CFR paint schemes] and some future tricks for wheelsets [like some coins for the wheels]. Here's some of that locomotive "bigger sisters": http://cfr.stfp.net/?sta=1&class=40&ppr=2&veh=261

That's it, I hope I didn't bored you too bad...

Br'er Shaygetz said...

You don't bore me...I appreciate the links you send. Actually, cardstock was very popular in the early days of the hobby as a medium to build locomotives from. I've done it using sheet styrene from retail store signs that works quite well.

As for the set, even the worst rivet counter has a secret stash of these or similar brightly colored weenies just waiting to be unmasked... :-)