Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies....


...Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed;...Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:10, 25-26, 28-31)

We've been in a family emergency these last 5 days. We drove 5 hours to get my wife to her grandmother's bedside, in time for her to see her in the hospital Saturday night. She was also able to be at her bedside when her grandmother passed away early Sunday morning.

Tuesday was to find me driving back home in time to pickup my mother at the airport. She was looking forward to seeing grandchildren she hadn't seen in 7 years. However, just a couple hours before she was to get on the plane, my sister found that she had passed away in her sleep.

There is a sad joy over the house right now, but we need not console ourselves with empty words and platitudes. Both women served their Lord and Saviour well, and it is with great confidence that we can say that they really are in a better place and that in God's appointed time we shall be together again.

May you and yours have a blessed and safe holiday, Br'er Shaygetz

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

I am sorry to hear these... this 2009 was very sad to me, too; losing my mom (at 53) and also a few relatives...But this is life, thank God for taking in heaven those who deserve.
A big hug (even if I'm nit emo), if I may...

Chris

Br'er Shaygetz said...

Thank you Chris...my mom was 67, had major heart surgery last year and not in the best of health. She was determined to make it down here any way she could.