Monday, January 11, 2010

As yet unidentified R/C trainer with OS Max .40 engine...


The story goes about a man who found himself surrounded by rising flood waters with no means to escape. Being a godly man he turned to God in prayer for deliverance.

Shortly a gentleman in a high stepping 4x4 offered to drive him out. "No thank you," said the man, "...I've asked God to deliver me from this flood." The truck departed and the floods rose higher.

Soon, a gentleman in a boat came along, offering to float him out of the flood. Again he said, "No thank you kind sir, I've asked God to deliver me from these rising waters." The boater departed and the floods rose higher still, forcing the man to seek refuge on his roof.

With that, a rescue helicopter came along, offering him the last chance to be rescued before the floods overcame his roof. Again he declined, shouting, "God shall deliver me!" as the waters slowly overtook him.

When he drowned, he was greatly relieved to be in the presence of the Lord Jesus but somewhat distressed as to how he got there. "Lord, I've always been faithful to wait on you for everything...why could you not answer my call to be delivered from that flood?" With a loving look that can only come from God towards His beloved redeemed ones, He said, "I sent a truck, a boat and a helicopter to you---weren't they enough?"

Now...what's all that got to do with R/C planes?

In the last two years, I have been given no less than four complete R/C plane kits. "No thank you," I says to myself, "...a minister of the Gospel has precious little time to pursue such things, model trains are hobby enough and I'm blessed at that." At which I dutifully send them down the road to someone else.

A windfall of R/C parts and engines (three engines no less) comes my way..."Aye, " I says, "...a great way to pay for my children's Christmas as a minister of the Gospel has no time for such frivolous things."

Another windfall of R/C parts comes my way, AND a boat load of tools specifically designed for building and finishing these balsa beasts. "Nay," say I, "...but, I can use these in my model train endeavours because---after all---I am a wise and frugal model train person/minister of the Gospel."

Then this shows up on my doorstep...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yes, it needs a bit of TLC...but...I have all the pieces necessary (even the muffler) to fix it up---remember the parts windfall earlier?

It is so easy to over spiritualize our walk of faith...

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. (John 6:28-29)

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (Colossians 3:17)

So...I don't know about you, but I will continue in the track (or airfield) laid before me and glory not in what I can or cannot do in Him and do what I do in these pursuits as unto the Lord.

Say...is that a Futaba 4 channel radio I see over there at that yard sale table?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Claudia

http://lioneltrains.info

Br'er Shaygetz said...

I appreciate the encouragement, it's comments like yours that let me know that I am where I'm supposed to be.

Blessings, grace and peace to you and yours, B

Cristake1974 said...

Don't have any remorse about "tasting" a little bit of airplane modeling... I'm such a "railroad betrayer", too. I mean, I like a lot WW2 aircraft stuff and, beside that, one of my "crazy dreams" is to get into the turet of a german Tiger [or Panther] and feel that engine roaring at his best. Of course, this thing is not suppose to happen, but who cares? :D

Best regards, sir.

Br'er Shaygetz said...

A Panzer or Tiger, eh? THAT, my friend, would be one cool ride...

Blessings, B