Friday, January 22, 2010

Franklin Mint 1/24 1967 Volkswagen Cabriolet...


...alas, not one of the premier editions as seen by the lack of a numbered gold plate under the...pick one; trunk, hood, bonnet, boot...

This one also came from the resident I've refereed to in the past, and is one of two that I purchased for myself, the other being the 1/18 Anson 1932 Cadillac Sport Phaeton.

I had been commissioned by his friends to try to find homes for the other three but, with no boxes and the minor body flaws on them (very minor as you can see in the pictures, but enough that I'd have an awful time making a listing on Ebay), I will likely be hanging onto them after coming up with a fair offer. One simply cannot have too many things gathering dust on one's shelves, there's always room for more...sigh...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


One thing the cars do emphasize is the finiteness of our lives, how much we feather our nests with the things of this world, what little value most of it has and the burden it can be on family and friends to dispose of it when we pass on. This is not a complaint so much as it is a plea to give us all pause, to make sure of our eternal footing before it is too late, that we're not too grounded into the things of this temporal life. Sometimes the best collections are made better with a really good yard sale...starting at our own houses.

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. (Luke 12:15-21)

No comments: