Thursday, January 21, 2010

Burago 1/18 scale Mercedes-Benz 300SL


Still another from the estate of a past resident, shown here posed next to its 1/87 scale little sister from Malibu Classics. When I was a kid, I always thought it was this one and not the Astin Martin DB5 that James Bond rode around in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Personally, I always wanted the Lotus Esprit Turbo from "For Your Eyes Only". There's something to be said for a car security system that blows up the car, leaving the bad guy wishing he had taken up flipping hamburgers at McDs.

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

This collection of old cars reminds me of a book I read as a child (my father's books, you know) - Knights of the Risk, its name. About old times of races, about Juan Manuel Fangio, Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss, Niki Lauda, Jack Brabham, Emerson Fittipaldi and a lot of other F1 champions. Of course, the cars in the photos are not racing cars, but they still have that perfume of... may I say "evergreen"?
Huh, there's the book (cover) http://forum.topgear.ro/index.php?topic=1310.new

And here's the car, btw, that fascinated me at that age (I was around 10 then) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/3004569282_c9297eb7ab.jpg

The modern cars... huh, just like Pamela Anderson - everybody says "waaw" - but I can't see the beauty in them. Actually I hardly can separate a Peugeot from a Renault or a VW, unless I see the company's logo... :D

Br'er Shaygetz said...

I confess that European road rallies and open wheel racers are much better racing than our NASCAR...our NASCARs all look alike, the only difference being the stickers---and your drivers aren't afraid of a little rain. :-)

Autos nowadays do suffer from mandatory sameness...give me big engines, fins and chrome any day.