Thursday, August 28, 2008

Athearn HO scale Southern Pacific "'84 LA Olympic Games" SD40-2 dummy


This act of kindness came to me today from the UK. Ken posted a picture of his on the Tyco forum just about the time the Olympics were getting started. I had made a comment about how nice it was and that it really belonged over here stateside, but not thinking anything of it beyond that. Shortly thereafter he PMed me, offering me another one that he had, a dummy, for the price of shipping, it simply had a damaged rear step. I eagerly jumped at the opportunity, and kited him the necessary postal funds. That my middle little sister recently moved to LA made getting it all the more special.

---The beast is flawless save for one bell on the horn, none of the steps were broken (still tryin' to figure out how that happened 'tween here and England, knowing the USPS's record)[ and I now have one of the prettiest Espee lokies outside of the Black Widow paint scheme that they had. Just got to place the railings, something that will be done this weekend whilst watching some college ball.

I am truly humbled and blessed to be in this hobby with folks like Ken and others I've met over the years and hope to live up to that in my dealings.

Photobucket


No comments: