Monday, August 4, 2008

Matchbox Collectables tractor/trailer combos...


Though no scale is specified, I find they meld in perfectly as foreground models in HO scale. They were put out as a series in the mid 90s at roughly $30 each but now can be had for around $5 at most yard sales and flea markets. The only real discrepancy I've found is that the tandem axles track about a scale 9" wider than other trucks of similar size, hardly worth losing sleep over unless you are in the PROTO 87 crowd**. My only desire would have been less chrome, especially in the wheels but, for the price, one can flesh out a terminal or team track really quick.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These represent part of my early era fleet and are suitable for up to the very early 1970s settings.

**I have nothing but love for my PROTO 87 brethren.

Photobucket


No comments: