Thursday, February 11, 2010

Excellent home video, R/C electric motored "Kestrel"...


From the notes:

This was my first ever RC plane. I taught myself to fly it the hard way with no instructor, buddy box or simulator. It is called the Kestrel, although it is made by several different companies under different names, such as Jamara's Cessna 182, or Megatech's Freedom Flyer. It has a very small toy like apperance and is very quiet, allowing me to fly in areas unsuitable for other models without upsetting anybody. After gaining confidence in my flying i put in a Parkzone 480 motor and a 1400mah nimh battery, giving it a lot more power but also made it very heavy for the small airframe, which made it harder to fly and very unforgiving at slow speeds especially at landing, where it had a vicious tip stall. This is a compilation of clips taken over 5 years, hundreds of flights and many crashes later. It is still flying and is still great fun!



No comments: