Monday, February 8, 2010

Northwest Florida Modelers swap meet, Feb. 6, 2010...


Yes, I primarily do model trains---but---I enjoy models of all kinds, I can easily get addicted to model engines...and...I do write a modeler's blog, which kinda obligates me to visit such places...oh, the sacrifices I must make...alas...sigh...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This Proctor #701 "Antic" monoplane caught my eye, the gentleman was well on his way to the finish line, there was very little left to do on it...beautifully finished to this point and one of the better deals to be found there to boot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
With woodwork like this, I'd hang it from the ceiling to admire before I'd skin it over.

Photobucket


Somehow, I managed to get through there without the desire to empty my wallet and stuff my pockets full of engines, there were some nice fixer-uppers there.

I was disappointed at the lack of 4 strokers...there were at least three twins but, alas, no 5 cylinder rotary honkers I've been wanting to see. There also was a single cylinder 4 stroker there for sale at a decent price, but it was one of those closed in models---must see the monkey motion of the rockers to impress me. I did pick up a couple of facsinating engines I'll post a little later and my beloved finally found her Renwall #800:498 "The Visible Man" anatomy figure for her homeschooling work.

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

Well, your sacrifice to visit such places is not in vain, I enjoyed seeing these pictures (and hope I'm not the only one).
I specially enjoyed my sight with that silver model... that looks to me like a Mustang - but I'm probably wrong.

Br'er Shaygetz said...

It is a Mustang, they actually had a much nicer one, complete with working landing gear, but it was disassembled. I'm more partial to the twin engine beastie at the top, kinda reminds me of the one used in the movie, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".