Friday, February 19, 2010

On turning 50...


Saturday is my fiftieth birthday. Only two American locomotives saw 50+ years of service, the GG1 and a tee boilered shay known as Mich-Cal #2 so, I guess that means I can be propped up in a corner of some museum and buffed and polished every so often to keep the visitors coming...sigh...

With that, my model "bucket list"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
...that's it, third down on the right...

Photobucket


Oh...and a PFM/United HO scale model of Mich-Cal #2...I won't be sad if I got the Aristo-Craft live steam model though...

2 comments:

Cristake1974 said...

Well, this is a fine age in someone's life - 50 years. Let's hope and pray for you to be a true child of our Saviour, as anybody should be. I wish you the best things, together with your family and a friendly hug, if I may.
And because I cannot give you a proper present for this day, here's a virtual ride with a narrow gauge train, made in the most beautiful and blessed county of my country: Maramures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1REcUfFy6q8
The song is specific to that region and is very hard to dance it: you have to put some fulfilled glasses on the ground and then move your feet very fast without trample them... Irish dance alike.
Happy birthday !!!

Br'er Shaygetz said...

Thank you for the video, looks like a great ride to get on. Love that little shunt engine...