Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday's Word, Psalm 62:5-10


My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.


I really had better hopes for our new home...a feeling that this time, things were going to be different. Now I wake up feeling like I spent the day before being a tackling dummy for the Baltimore Ravens defensive line. How did Joseph do it...every morning waking up to the light of day shining through the bars of his cell? Unlike him though, I'm guilty of every charge laid against me.

1 comment:

Cristake1974 said...

Better hopes for new home.. I guess you mean more like "better hopes for new neighbours/ better hopes for myself to get a better man" or something like that - and this reasoning stands on the ground of the idea "the man hallows the place", not vice versa. Anyway, it's hard to define a great new neighbour... at last I wonder "who would I prefer as new neighbour - Ned Flanders or Homer Simpsons?" Very difficult to answer... :))
But I believe you and your beloved will be just fine there, simply because your faith.